Sunday, February 1, 2009

a smile

Fat runs in our family. I suppose it could be worse. You can get rid of fat, having the willpower to do so. Unless of course making excuses runs in the family, too.

My brother, who is 4 years younger than me was heavy. I would say he at his heaviest was somewhere in the 300s, I dont know his exact starting weight. But his doctor prescribed him a diet drug, and he got the weight off. He isnt on them anymore, has been off of them for awhile actually, and he has maintained his new skinny weight. I do not know what that is either. But I do know he can fit in a size Large now, when he started out at wearing 3x's and 4x's. He works out and watches what he eats too.

In his adult life, he has been pretty much a man of little words. and out of everyone in the family, I am the one who he sees fit to talk to the most. I dont know why that is, perhaps situations in our upbringing, but there is no point in trying to figure it out, because some things just cant be explained.

I saw my brother this past Christmas when he came to visit. He lives about 3 hours west of me. I was then at my heaviest. He knows that i am on this weight loss journey, and has been supportive in his own special Jason way.

After we got off the phone yesterday, I realized I forgot to tell him that I have lost 16 lbs, so I sent him a text letting him know. Rarely does he respond to text messages, but I got back "That's good Keep it up." He gave me a compliment.

That made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment