Tuesday, February 17, 2009

GOALS

It is good to have goals. I think it is more important to set yourself SMALLER goals that will make getting to the larger goal quite easier. While my ultimate weight loss goal is to get to 160 lbs, there is NO WAY that can be my only goal. It is far off, and I would get too discouraged. So I have set myself some smaller goals that I would like to share with you.

Our first major event that is coming up is going to visit the inlaws in Virginia over Easter. Ive gained a few pounds since they saw me, so they may not notice a weight loss, and thats fine. But my own personal goal would be to 235 lbs. I got married in August 2006 at 235 lbs, so I know my wedding ring will fit if I can be that weight again. I havent worn my weding ring because of that, in almost 2 years. So, that is only another 18 lb lost, and have almost 2 months to do so.

Next Goal: VACATION! This is over Memorial weekend. We are going to the Rocky Mountain area. Should be a wonderful time! I would like to be at 225-220lbs. I dont have an exact number for this one, just a range. I think again it is totally do-able sinceI will have over a month inbetween goals.

Thrd goal: my sister-in-laws wedding. Yep! Back to Virginia on July 24th! I will have 2 months for this next goal. Ideally, I would like to be under 200lbs. I dont care if it is 199.9 lbs. As long as I am under ...or honestly if it is close it will be ok ( but Shhhh! We wont tell my body that!).

So , as these next few events come up I will share with you what the results are , and I will probably add some new goals after that as well...just to make this wonderful journey just a little more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about short goals. Mine at the moment is to get more exerices (or start exercising for that matter)
    Good Luck with your goals and I'll check back and see how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete