Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Can you remove a pound or two of lard while you are back there?

Today I went to the doctors office to have what was my third mole removed in my lifetime thus far.

My first one was when I was 18, on my back. I remember very little except that the shot to numb it hurt like hell. I do remember that my brother had a mole removed the same time ( perhaps there was a "remove one mole, get one removed free" special?) his was on the side of his leg by his knee. Since he had to walk and this stretched the skin, he ended up popping his stitches open later that night. Sucked to be him.

My second mole was five years ago, and as far as its location, I will just say, I was planning on having it removed when I gave birth. Since giving birth never happened, and the mole was beginning to look like a deformed third nipple, I thought it best to get it sliced. My doctor did this in his office, and was pretty painless. Miraculously, it healed up rather nicely.

Today I had my third abnormal mole removed. It again was on my lower middle back. I was seriously hoping my doc would slice off a pound or two of my attractive back fat while he had the knife in hand, but no such luck. The shot didnt hurt as much as I had remembered from 20 years ago, and I felt only a slight pain like a paper cut as he was cutting. The first stitch was a little painful. But there were only 3 stitches, so I managed to survive through it all.

To me the anticipation of the whole thing is much worse than the procedure. Im not too worried about if its cancerous or not. Skin cancer is not in my family, and none of the other moles have been cancerous, and if that deformed third nipple of mine came back ok, chances are pretty good this one will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment