Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Eating Apple Pie after midnight....and other things that REALLY don't help!

I have not been able to sleep. I am not sure what the root cause of this is. I am tempted to blame the time change....because of course, it can't be anything that I'm doing. . . but IF it were something I was doing, it may possibly be the time in which I exercise, and how late I sleep the night before. These things, I'm sure are not helping the situation. Since I have started this journey, it seems there is one night a week, at least, where I will FINALLY fall asleep about 3am. However last night, I didn't sleep at all. The night before I had 3 hours sleep. Now, I am home from work, due to lack of sleep, and still not able to sleep.

Yesterday afternoon, my husband and I went to Bob Evans. Yum. I was relatively good. Having a western omelet with egg substitute and turkey sausage links. I forgot to tell the waitress "no home fries" so even though they were on my plate, kudos to me for not eating any. We did, however get a slice of pie to go. Mine was No Sugar Added Apple Pie. Larry got some Lemon thingie. I forgot about our pie , until 12:15 am, when I wasn't able to sleep. I could be wrong, but this is not the best time to eat, because obviously, it was out of boredom. But, I have to score some points for it being "no sugar added", right? Well, no points were added according to the scale. Only pounds. Allegedly gained 2 lbs. So, for those of you wondering, eating apple pie does NOT help you sleep. I'M still awake, and 2 lbs heavier than before I went to bed 12 hours ago....

No comments:

Post a Comment