Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Im on My Way

I have always had a problem with my weight. On January 2, 2009, I made the decision to get rid of it, yet again. I started this journey that day at 272 lbs. Officially my heaviest. Nineteen days later, I am down 11 lbs. This morning I weighed in at 261 lbs. I have goals - it would be nice to get to 160 by the end of the year. I would be happy at that weight. Id like to be below 200 lbs by my sister-in-laws wedding in July. But my first goal is to get my wedding ring to fit again - that should happen in about 30 more lbs...which reminds me, I need to find the ring!

People ask "What kind of diet are you on?" There are so many different ways, aren't there? But, I am doing it the old fashioned way. Eating right, making healthier choices and exercising. One major rule " Calories in, Calories out". I also try not to go below 1300 calories. This is what is helping me - that number of calories was well surpassed on any given day previously. I am not starving myself by any means. If I am hungry - I Eat! I am just making healthier, wiser choices. Suger Free Jello, nutritional bars, etc.

It definitely helps that my husband has jumped on the wagon with me. He has maybe 15 lbs to lose. But he is on the treadmill, doing The Biggest Loser workout DVD with me, and I even got him to try some Turkey Tacos ( Yummmmm BTW)!

So I will blog my journey, post a few pics here and there, talk about my hubby, my beautiful dogs, my work, my family...all of me.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks abunch! I need all the well wishes and support I can get! Such a journey. :)

    ReplyDelete